Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I think that's important to know because I planned Moose's Halloween costume the summer before Moose was even due (Moose was due in January 2010 and it was summer 2009). Only after I figured out that did I think about my pregnant Halloween costume. I ended up being a kangaroo because I had a joey in my pocket. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it, but I wore it with pride even though we went no where.

So after having Wombat, I wanted her to have the costume that Moose was to wear. The problem was that I needed to sew to make it. So I learned to sew.

That's right. YouTube videos and my sheer desire to make an amazing costume for my little Wombat taught me to kind of sorta sew. While not perfect, let me just tell you that I love this costume.

That's right. She's Slimey the Worm, Oscar the Grouch's pet worm and best friend. Slimey was my favorite Seasame Street character, so it only makes sense that I pay tribute to my love of this worm with an awesome Halloween costume. The hubs and I, of course, dressed up too. He's Oscar and I'm Grungetta. Yes, Grungetta is a Seasame Street character. She's Oscar's girlfriend, so there. Once I get a picture of the three of us, I'll share it. And yes, that picture is the only reason I spent hours working on her costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment