Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We're Everywhere

I remember thinking after we lost Moose that I was alone. No one, other than my husband understood. I was wrong. We're everywhere.

When I returned to work, the first person to ask me about my baby, had lost his second child to a tube defect. It was, according to him, a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening. It just happened that it happened to him. Another co-worker lost a child, but his wife and he went on to have 6 other kids. When I told one of my grandmothers, it turns out she'd lost one in month 5. Something I'd never heard.

At my new work, I just told one of my bosses the news and said that I had tons of appointments due to fetal demise (he's older and not really emotional). He said that he and his wife lost their first. I think he teared up for a minute thinking about his lost son. He said that every birthday his wife still morns their baby. The rest of their children are grown with children of their own, yet they still miss their Angel Baby.

As I carry Wombat, I think of Moose every day. Probably every hour, if not every second. I will never forget Moose.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but the point is, if you've found my blog and you're going through that period of "I'm alone in this," you're not. Angel parents are all around us. They just may not be as vocal because, as you unfortunately know, having an Angel Baby hurts.

When I was at this point, I found comfort in DailyStrength.org. However, please know that there are a lot of pictures of Angel Babies on the site. There's also numerous Facebook groups. For in person meetings, try looking for SHARE in your community. It's the only in person group near me and I always forget to go. If you're in a larger city, there's probably something more. If not, please remember that you're not alone.

We're everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment