Tuesday, March 15, 2011

That's a Good Sign

Recently I've noticed how many people tell me "_____ is a good sign."
Here's an example:
Me: Wombat keeps kicking me in the bladder.
Person: Well, that's a good sign.

How is that a good sign? I mean babies move in the womb; they kick and punch things. It's obvious that a lot of babies will kick their mom in the bladder; however, I've never read anything which states that kicking the bladder is a good sign.

It goes with being sick during the first trimester too. That's a good sign too. Surprising because I was very sick with Moose. Every day. Multiple times a day. During the whole pregnancy. People told me that was a good sign too, but it wasn't.

Let's just face it. This saying should be thrown to the side along with all the other crazy things pregnant women hear. In case you need a list, here are a couple ideas at what not to say:

1. You look like you're about to pop. When are you due?
2. Are you having twins? You're huge.
3. ____ is a good sign.
4. Aren't you worried about ______?

There's more, feel free to add them in the comments.

On a side note, I was informed by my lovely husband this morning that I'll have more gas since I'm in month 5. My response: "I'm so glad I have an office to myself." I'm already feeling like a giant, stinky, gas bubble and I don't know if I can take more.

No comments:

Post a Comment